For all Building Permit Applications a copy of current licenses, a Certificate of Insurance naming the Town of Hamilton as the Certificate Holder, a completed Workers’ Compensation Insurance Affidavit, sign-offs from Treasurer, Assessor and the Water Department are required with application.

For Homeowners doing the work themselves: the Workers’ Compensation Insurance Affidavit is still required.

For many Building Permit Applications a survey and/or other structural/architectural plans may be required.

If you are not sure what will be required please contact the Building Department.

Building Permit Application – Updated 7.2018

Mechanical Application

Sheet Metal Application

FEES: Building – Fee Schedule

Workers’ Compensation Insurance Affidavit¬†Form

Table of Dimensional Requirements

National Grid Demolition Form

Rubbish Container Application (to be signed by Fire Dept)

Complaint/Concern Form

For all Electrical Applications a copy of current license, a Certificate of Insurance, Workers’ Compensation Insurance Affidavit & Service Number if necessary, is required with application

Electrical Permit Application.pdf

Institutional Only – Permit for Electric

FEES: Electrical – Fee Schedule

For all Plumbing & Gas Fitting Applications a copy of current license(s) is required with application

Gas Fitting Application pdf to print and complete in writing

Plumbing Application pdf to print and complete in writing

FEES: Plumbing & Gas Fitting – Fee Schedule

Pool Code


Assignment of Street Number Form