Building, Plumbing & Electrical Applications
All forms/applications may be found on this web site or by visiting Town Hall during the regular hours of business.
Please expect a minimum of 3-5 business days to begin work/obtain a Job Card, if it is determined that your Building Permit Application may need review/approval by other Boards, Commissions, Agents etc.
Building Permit fees are found within the application packet. There are separate lists for fees for both Plumbing/Gas and Electrical Permits.
Please do not mail or leave at Town Hall applications with checks that do not have the amount of the fee written on the check.
For Electrical Applications you must present a copy of your current license.
For Building Permit Applications, Sheet Metal Applications, and Applications for Roofing, Siding Windows Only, you must provide:
- A copy of your current license
- A copy of your Certificate of Liability Insurance
- If you have the Certificate faxed to this department please make sure the insurance company indicates the address of the property where you will be doing work when they fax the Certificate.
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance Affidavit: General Business Form
- You must complete this form even if you are a Homeowner doing the work yourself
If you need to determine the Map, Lot and Zone of the property you may visit the Assessor’s Department or the Town web page, hamiltonma.gov where you can access the assessment records. (Map and Lot at top of record, Zoning District towards the bottom of the first page)
- The Building Inspector is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays for inspections. Please contact the office directly to schedule an inspection no later than 2:00 PM the day before the day you would like to have the inspection. Typically inspections will be done from 9:30 AM until 2:00 PM; the time frame is subject to change. The Building Inspector is Charles Brett.
- The Wiring Inspector is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays for inspections. Please contact the office directly to schedule an inspection no later than 2:00 PM the day before the day you would like to have the inspection. Typically inspections will be done from 11:00 AM until 3:00 PM; the time frame is subject to change. The Wiring Inspector is Mark Unger.
- The Plumbing Inspector will schedule inspections to be done on weekday evenings. You will contact him directly to schedule an inspection. The Plumbing Inspector’s phone number is: 978-423-2061. The Plumbing Inspector is Kevin Dash.
- All the Inspectors work for the Town on a part-time basis and do not hold office hours. The Inspectors are always accessible to discuss projects or answer questions. Please contact the office and arrangements will be made for you to speak with an Inspector.
The primary objective of the Building Department is to promote the public safety and the welfare of our residents by ensuring all construction conforms to State, Federal and Town regulations. The Building Department is available to answer questions, address concerns, and is a source of general building and zoning information. The Building Department manages the permits for Building, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Gas, and Weights and Measures.